| 1155 Q St, Lincoln, NE
01/06/17 - 03/25/17
About This Event
The Hildegard Center for the Arts, in collaboration with the Nebraska Tourism Commission and the Nebraska State Historical Society issued a call to amateur and professional photographers everywhere to capture images of historic sites and treasures all across Nebraska. These historic treasures could be listed on the National Register of Historic places, or be a place of community or personal significance.
Each submission had to include photo(s) that captured the artistic view of the subject, a photo that documented the context of each subject, and a brief narrative that described how the focus of the photos bridged the past with the present.
The winning photos (one from each county in Nebraska) will be featured in a statewide traveling exhibit that coincides with Nebraska’s Sesquicentennial in 2017 and will be showcased in a digital catalog. The winning photos may also appear in Nebraska Tourism travel guides, posters and calendars to promote this project and the State of Nebraska. ALL submitted photos will join a virtual exhibit on the HCFA website.
Venues & Tour Schedule:
• Great Plains Art Museum in Lincoln: January 6 – March 25, 2017
• Seward Civic Center: June 1 – July 28, 2017
• North Platte Prairie Arts Center: August 1 – September 22, 2017
• Norfolk Art Center: September 7 – October 26, 2017
• Carnegie Arts Center in Alliance: September 26 – November 10, 2017
• Durham Museum in Omaha: November 14, 2017 – January 7, 2018