Located near Scottsbluff, Fort Mitchell served as an Army fort from 1864-1867. Fort Mitchell was named in honor of General Robert B. Mitchell who established the post to protect traffic mainly between Scottsbluff and Julesburg, CO. In 1978, Fort Mitchell was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The old 20 acre fort is located just outside of Scottsbluff on Highway 92. Come relive the history of Fort Mitchell.