MarkeTech + Agritourism & Adventure Travel Workshop
Start | Grow | Market
A successful business
A successful business
Each year, Nebraska Tourism hosts a workshop aimed at helping Nebraskans start, grow and market successful agritourism, ecotourism, and/or adventure travel businesses. Attendees learn from experts about a variety of subject matter and have the opportunity to connect with resource providers throughout the state. This year, we’re combining our event with GROW Nebraska’s MarkeTech Conference to offer:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Mac’s Creek Winery & Brewery to gain insights into the challenges and successes of a flourishing family enterprise.
- Intensive networking opportunities to make lasting, beneficial connections with prominent Nebraska businesses and a plethora of vendors providing samples of made-in-Nebraska products.
- Educational sessions focused on current tourism and business trends, effective marketing, event planning, business sustainability and more!
- Connections to resources and practical tips that Nebraska businesses can walk away with and implement immediately.
Register through the link above to join us for this year's event! Attendees will be comprised of entrepreneurs, small businesses, growers and makers, tourism attractions, DMOs, marketing agencies, hotel and restaurant organizations, educators, resource providers and more! Expected Attendance: 300
Become a sponsor! We encourage you to become a valued sponsor and play an integral role in the conference’s success. As a sponsor, you will be increasing your exposure, growing your target audience, and promoting your product or service to the people who will benefit from it the most – all while enjoying the perks and education you’ll gain as a conference attendee! Sponsors will:
- Promote services, products and other offerings directly to Nebraska businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Meet numerous prospective clients from across the state in one place.
- Network and develop connections in order to generate quality sales leads and partnerships.
- Participate in all conference activities.
To become a sponsor, click on the link above to find a sponsorship level that fits your budget and needs and follow the instructions to fill out and submit your form before January 31, 2023.
Comfort Inn (available for Tuesday and Wednesday nights)
118 3rd Ave, Kearney, NE 68847
Fairfield Inn (available Wednesday night only)
510 Talmadge Road, Kearney, NE 68845
Keynote Speaker: Sarah Calhoun of Red Ants Pants
Sarah Calhoun has two decades of leadership experience in both nonprofit and small business sectors, working in the outdoor education industry before founding Red Ants Pants in 2006. Tired of wearing men’s work pants that didn’t fit, she designed pants that would fit, function and flatter working women. Red Ants Pants is based out of White Sulphur Springs, Montana.
In 2011, Calhoun created the first annual Red Ants Pants Music Festival, where 6,000 fans came to celebrate rural Montana in a cow pasture. The Festival is a program of the Red Ants Pants Foundation whose mission is to support women’s leadership, working family farms and ranches, and rural communities.
Calhoun’s grit has brought national recognition to her enterprises over the years. She was named the 2012 National Women in Business Champion for the Small Business Administration and the 2011 Entrepreneur of the Year for the State of Montana. In 2018, the Festival was named the Event of the Year by the Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development and Calhoun was inducted into the Montana Business Hall of Fame.
In her spare time, Calhoun enjoys the outdoors, cutting firewood, hunting, and camping.