Code of Conduct
As Commissioners of the Nebraska Tourism Commission, we recognize the importance of high ethical standards. Overall ethical behavior of Nebraska Tourism Commissioners is guided by the following documents:
- Core Values
- Mission Statement
- Articles of Incorporation
- Personnel Policy (for paid employees)
Essential ethical behaviors we exemplify include:
- Commitment beyond self
- Commitment to the greater good of Nebraska tourism
- Respect for the value and dignity of all individuals
- Responsible application of resources
In keeping with these ethical behaviors, and to assist me in fulfilling my responsibilities to the individuals and communities I serve, I subscribe to the following code of conduct:
- I will conduct myself in a manner that upholds the integrity of Nebraska Tourism Commission (NTC) and merits the trust and support of the public.
- I will uphold all applicable laws and regulations, while avoiding criminal behavior that gravely infringes on the moral sentiments of the community.
- I will treat others with respect, doing for and to others what I would have done for and to me in similar circumstances.
- I will be a responsible steward for NTC resources.
- I will take no actions that could benefit me personally at the unwarranted expense of NTC, avoiding even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- I will carefully consider the public perception of my personal and professional actions, and the effect my actions could have, positively or negatively, on the NTC's reputation in the nation, state, community and elsewhere.
- I will strive for personal and professional growth to improve my effectiveness as a Commissioner.
- I will promptly report any violations of this Code of Conduct or other governing documents to the Executive Director or any officer of the Nebraska Tourism Commission.
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may result in my removal from the Commission or committees.