Industry | Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Reports & Statistics
- Promote Your Attraction
- Corporate Sponsors
Contest Terms & Conditions
These are the rules governing all social media contests run by the Nebraska Tourism Commission.
In the following rules, “Nebraska Tourism Commission,” “Nebraska Tourism” and “NTC” means State of Nebraska, which the commission is an agency under.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any Nebraska Tourism Commission contest.
2. Some Nebraska Tourism Commission contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be expressed by the Nebraska Tourism Commission during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest unless exceptions are noted for specific contests. Any prize awarded to an ineligible contestant will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. Nebraska Tourism Commission reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Prizes given away by Nebraska Tourism Commission are awarded to the contest winner or in cases of approval from Nebraska Tourism Commission management, to a designee of the contest winner. Prizes cannot be sold or traded. If prizes won are discovered to have been sold or traded, the prize is revoked from winner and voided.
4. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), NTC delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as NTC awarding the prize to the winner. NTC shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. NTC shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
5. All Nebraska Tourism Commission contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified).
6. Winners will be expected to claim prize within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
7. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. The Nebraska Tourism Commission reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
9. The Nebraska Tourism Commission assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Nebraska Tourism, the State of Nebraska, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
10. Employees of the Nebraska Tourism Commission, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
11. Upon cancellation of an event, or closing of a business beyond NTC’s control, to which a participant has been awarded a prize, NTC is not responsible for the issuance of a substitute prize or additional compensation
12. Nebraska Tourism reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time.
13. NTC shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
14. All entries become the property of the Nebraska Tourism Commission. It reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
15. By participating in the contest, participants acknowledge that the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the social media channel itself. The information participant are providing for the contest is being provided to The Nebraska Tourism Commission and not to the social media channel’s company.
16. Contact information for contest participants will be required and collected, and all names of the contest winners will be documented and kept on file at the Commission
17. These rules are available on VisitNebraska.com and a copy can be seen during business hours at the Nebraska Tourism Commission office, 301 Centennial Mall South, 1st Floor, Lincoln, NE 68509.
Nebraska Tourism and its corporate partners are encouraging employees to spend a little leisure time visiting the many great tourism destination in our state. Participants include Behlen Manufacturing, Bailey Lauerman, The Buckle, Chief Industries Inc., Crete Carriers, Lincoln Industries, Nebraska Lottery, NebraskaLand National Bank, NEBCO, Omaha Steaks, Pinnacle Bank, Swanson Russel, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska-Omaha and Valmont Industries. In addition to promoting Nebraska attractions, these companies are promoting a healthy work-life balance. Through internal communications, companies are prompting participation in Nebraska Tourism’s Passport Program. Some organizations are even offering extra incentives and contests to their employees. By reinforcing their commitment to the state and its growth, Nebraska-based corporations continue to help build brand awareness with audiences in our own backyard.