Brown-Carson House

300 Main Street, Brownville, NE 68321

Website

1

  • Architecture

  • Antiques

  • Museums

About This Destination

The Brown -Carson House, 1860 is an original one story brick dwelling owned by Richard Brown, founder of Brownville. Brown added a two story frame wing in 1861 and sold the property to John L Carson, one of Nebraska's leading 19th century financiers, who in turn made an addition in about 1880. This Italianate dwelling, including it furnishings and basement kitchen, has remained virtually unaltered since then. Just south of the house is the handsome Carson Carriage house built before 1880. in 1966 the Carson Family gave both structures to the Brownville Historical Society, which conducts the tours on the weekends.

Hours

Sunday:

1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Saturday:

1:00 pm - 4:00 pm