About This Destination
The Otoe County Museum of Memories consists of three buildings at 366 Poplar Street. The main building is the former First Lutheran Church, dedicated Nov. 20, 1881. The church, built for $1,500, was a daughter church of First Lutheran Church, North Branch, near Avoca.
Today, the downstairs rooms in the parsonage display vintage furnishings in the kitchen and parlors. Upstairs is an old-fashioned bedroom. The Otoe County room has the desk and sofa that were used by the Otoe County Commissioners for many years. A map on the wall shows every landowner in Otoe County in 1870.
The church has been created into five display rooms: an old-time butcher shop, a carriage room with sleigh, a country store made from cottonwood logs, a loom room which also includes a section of the 1912 Syracuse switchboard from the telephone office, and a doctor's office.
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm