Established in 1917 by Father Edward J. Flanagan, Boys Town is a national organization saving children and healing families across America. The village was made famous by the 1938 award-winning movie "Boys Town," starring Spencer Tracy and Mickey Rooney. The Hall of History features Tracy's Academy Award and presents an exciting review of Boys Town's founding and impact on the lives of children. The Father Flanagan House Museum is the renovated home of Boys Town's founder and features a glimpse at early life at Boys Town. Other attractions on the 640-acre site include Father Flanagan's Tomb, Dowd Memorial Chapel, Chambers Chapel, the Garden of the Bible, and the "Two Brothers" and "The Work Continues" statues. Located inside the Visitor Center is the Boys Town Gift Shop, the "World's Largest Ball of Postage Stamps" and the Boys Town Café. The Café is open to the public Mon.-Thurs. from 6:45a to 9:45a for breakfast and from 11:00a to 1:30p for lunch.