The first church, a wood frame, was built in 1874. The present Romanesque church building dates from 1902 and has undergone many renovations and restorations, the first occurring 1918 when a storm damaged the steeple which was not replaced. A complete interior redecoration was done in 1978. Another renovation was completed in 2003, restoring the painting of the altar ceiling. Original to the interior are the altars and the stained glass windows; also original and still in use are "Thomas" and "Paul", the bells in the church tower.