The Dry Valley Church and Cemetery, 20 miles north and 3 miles east of Mullen is a historic church that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The cemetery has about 80 graves.
Religious services in the area were begun in the early 1900s. A Sunday school was organized in 1909. In 1910 tent meetings at Wells, Nebraska were started. Plans for the "Dry Valley Union Congregational Church" were set in 1910, land was donated by Robert Boyer, and the cornerstone was laid on June 3, 1911. It was built of concrete blocks by E.L. Holland. The membership withdrew from the Congregational denomination in 1924; a Methodist church held funerals and selected other services thereafter. The church was not used for services from 1958 until 1986, when a group of women led a restoration effort.
The church hosts Christmas and at Memorial Day Services, occasional weddings and baptisms.