Walk in her footsteps, stay in her town.
• Explore a new permanent exhibit at The National Willa Cather Center
• Tour seven Cather historic sites
• Hike the 612-acre Cather Prairie
• Take in a show at the Red Cloud Opera House
• Spend an evening at the Cather Second Home
Willa Cather is one of the most important American novelists of the first half of the twentieth century. Critics have increasingly identified Cather as a canonical American writer, the peer of authors like Hemingway, Faulkner and Wharton. The author of 12 novels, 6 collections of short fiction, 2 editions of her book of poetry, April Twilights, and 9 works of nonfiction and collected journalism, speeches, and letters.
Our mission is to promote Willa Cather's legacy through education, preservation, and the arts.
Tours available daily. Visit WillaCather.org for details.